The orange bars indicate that your heart rate (beats per minute) was outside the range which SmartRhythm predicted for your level of activity at that time. Note that the activity level is based on what the Watch’s accelerometer observes and some activity, such as weight lifting does not register well.
Articles in this section
- What is SmartRhythm monitoring?
- How do I change the notification frequency?
- Is SmartRhythm monitoring a Premium feature?
- Can I use SmartRhythm without KardiaBand?
- What does the band behind my heart rate bars indicate?
- What is the meaning of the vertical bars in the SmartRhythm display?
- Why didn't I get a notification when my heart rate bars were orange and out of the predictive band range?
- What causes a SmartRhythm notification?
- What is the difference between 'A possible change in heart rate / activity pattern was detected.' and 'Heart rate appears inconsistent with the activity level from your watch'?
- What does it mean when my heart rate bars are orange versus green?