Below are some things to consider, and try, to help your KardiaMobile get a signal and complete a recording. If you can complete a recording, but want to improve recording quality, please refer to these tips.
- Please confirm you are using a smartphone/tablet listed on our Compatibility Chart https://www.alivecor.com/compatibility
Your Phone or Tablet:
- If you have a case on your phone, please remove it (some cases can physically block the signal between your phone and the Kardia device).
- Make sure there are no accessories plugged into phone such as headsets or phone charger at time of recording.
- If, by chance, you wear hearing aids, please be sure to turn them off before taking a recording.
- Do not charge or have your phone connected to a charging/data cable.
- Do not sync or backup your phone while recording an EKG
Interaction with EKG hardware:
- Keep your Kardia electrodes clean using an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Apply a bit of water to where the electrodes make contact with your skin (fingers, or knee/ankle for 6L recordings) prior to taking an EKG recording to improve conductivity.
- Replace the battery in your KardiaMobile, especially if you've had it for more than 9 months.
- Uninstall/Reinstall the app on your device.
- Restart your device.