Below are some things to consider, and try, to help your KardiaMobile get a signal and complete a recording. If you can complete a recording, but want to improve recording quality, please refer to these tips. These troubleshooting step are only for KardiaMobile, NOT KardiaMobile 6L
- Please confirm you are using a smartphone/tablet listed on our Compatibility Chart https://www.alivecor.com/compatibility
Your Phone or Tablet:
- If you have a case on your phone, please remove it (some cases can physically block the signal between your phone and the Kardia device).
- Make sure there are no accessories plugged into phone such as headsets or phone charger at time of recording.
- If, by chance, you wear hearing aids, please be sure to turn them off before taking a recording.
- Do not charge or have your phone connected to a charging/data cable.
- Do not sync or backup your phone while recording an EKG
- Turn off Bluetooth while recording
- This step is only for KardiaMobile, NOT KardiaMobile 6L
Interaction with EKG hardware:
- Keep your Kardia electrodes clean using soap and water or
- Bleach solution as recommended by the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/disinfecting-your-home.html
- To clean the device, spray the cleaner on a soft cloth and thoroughly wipe the device
- Ensure the device is sufficiently dried.
- Do not use disinfecting wipes or alcohol based products as these products could adversely
affect the product performance.
- Do not immerse the device or expose the device to excessive liquid.
- Make sure that you are on the most recent version of the Kardia app
- Restart your device.
- Replace the battery in your KardiaMobile, especially if you've had it for more than 9 months.