Make sure that your phone's bluetooth is turned on, as the KardiaMobile 6L connects to your smartphone or tablet using bluetooth.
After downloading the Kardia app and creating your account, the next thing to do is connect your KardiaMobile 6L and start recording.
If you need assistance or instruction on how to download the Kardia app and set up your account, you can select the following article: How to set up your Kardia account
- After opening the Kardia app, you will be taken to the Home tab.
- To get started, tap on the button beneath the image of the KardiaMobile 6L, labeled "Connect Your Kardia Device".
- Next, select the picture of the KardiaMobile 6L by tapping on it.
- If you have not yet purchased a KardiaMobile, you can tap on the text that states "Purchase a Device".
- Make sure that your phone or tablet's Bluetooth is on, then select "Find my device".
- Place your fingers on the top two metal electrodes of your KardiaMobile 6L to activate it.
- Kardia will detect the Bluetooth signal from the KardiaMobile 6L, then automatically connect. The connection process should take no more than a few seconds.
- Once completed, the app will let you know that the 6L is now successfully connected.
- After the tutorial is completed, you will be taken back to the Kardia home screen.
Now, we will record our first EKG with the KardiaMobile 6L. Follow the easy steps listed below to make sure you get a high-quality recording. Just select "Record Your EKG" to get started.
- Place your smartphone or tablet in front of you.
- Place your KardiaMobile 6L on the table directly underneath your smartphone or tablet, making sure that the "A" logo is facing up.
- When recording, your phone can either be placed Vertically or Horizontally, this will not affect the quality of the recording.
- Take a seat in a chair, and be in a seated, relaxed position.
- Relax the arms and hands to reduce muscle noise.
- If your fingers are dry, use a damp paper towel or cloth, and lightly wet your fingers that will be touching the upper electrodes as well as the area on your left leg that will be touching the bottom electrode.
- The KardiaMobile 6L illustration on screen will turn green to indicate that a stable connection has been made, then the recording will begin counting down from 30 to 0 seconds.
- The battery life of the 6L will show on the right of the screen, and your real time BPM will show on the left.
- If you are receiving no signal or weak signal when recording, please visit the following article: How to fix KardiaMobile 6L signal issues
- Make sure to keep your fingers lightly pressed on the metal electrodes through the entire duration of the recording. If contact with the electrodes is broken, the recording will start over.
- You can switch from a Single - Lead to a 6 - Lead recording by tapping on the buttons at the bottom of the recording screen.
- Once the recording is completed, the Kardia app will instantly analyze the recording, and provide you with an FDA cleared Kardia determination.
Congratulations, you just recorded your first EKG!
It really is that simple.
- For more information on how to download or share your EKG from the Kardia app, visit the following article: How do I view, print, or share my EKG as a PDF?