- Download and install the Kardia app.
- Set up your account.
- Record your first EKG.
- Your first EKG will be analyzed for free by a board-certified cardiologist.
- This analysis takes less than 24 hours.
- Once complete, you’ll be able to record and view all the EKGs you’d like.
Detailed steps for setting up your KardiaMobile:
To start using your KardiaMobile, you will first need to download the Kardia app from the App store (iOS device) or Google play (Android device). Just search for “Kardia” and install.
Next, launch the Kardia app and tap “Create Account.”
Enter a few details to create an account. This should only take about a minute.
Before taking your first EKG, make sure that:
- Your device is unplugged from power and accessories, like headphones.
- You aren’t close to anything that could cause interference, like computers.
- Hearing aids are turned off, if you wear them.
From the home screen, tap “Record your first EKG.”
You may be prompted to allow the Kardia app access to your microphone, this is how the KardiaMobile communicates with your phone.
Next, select KardiaMobile from the device menu.
Place your phone and the KardiaMobile device near each other on a table. Lightly put your fingers on the pads. Hold steady for 30 seconds while you watch the countdown.
Congratulations! You just recorded your first EKG.
Your first EKG will be analyzed for free by a board-certified cardiologist, it should take less than 24 hours. Once complete, you’ll be able to record and view all the EKGs you’d like.