Below are some things to consider, and try, to help your KardiaMobile Card get a signal and complete a recording. These troubleshooting steps are only for KardiaMobile Card, NOT KardiaMobile 6L or KardiaMobile
- First, please confirm you are using a smartphone/tablet listed on our Compatibility Chart https://www.alivecor.com/compatibility
- Verify that your phone's Bluetooth is turned on
- Go to your phone's Settings, then locate the Kardia app, verify that Bluetooth permissions have been enabled in your phone's settings for the Kardia app
Do not attempt to pair the KardiaMobile Card outside of the Kardia app in your phone's Bluetooth settings
- If your KardiaMobile Card was paired outside of the app, go to your phone's Bluetooth settings, select forget device, then open the Kardia app and take steps to re-pair the KardiaMobile Card within the app
Moisten contact areas with water
Some users may have difficulty getting a consistent connection, lightly dampening the connection areas with a wet paper towel usually resolves this issue
Don't Press too hard
There is no need to press down hard when taking an EKG, this can increase muscle noise which leads to a messy reading
Avoid other electronics
Make sure you are not near electronics like computers, large TVs, and that your phone isn't plugged into a charger
Moving around while taking a recording can cause interference
Make sure that you are turning the KardiaMobile card on properly before attempting to record.
- Place your thumb on the power button on the front of the card, and place your pointer finger behind the power button. At the same time, press firmly on the front and the back of the power button. You should see the power light on the Card blink for 10 seconds before turning off if not connected to the Kardia app via Bluetooth.
- Make sure that you are on the most recent version of the Kardia app
- Restart your smartphone
- Unpair then repair your KardiaMobile Card by going to your phone's Bluetooth settings, selecting forget device, then opening the Kardia app to re-pair the KardiaMobile Card within the app
For more information on recording with the KardiaMobile Card, please watch the video below:
Interaction with EKG hardware:
Keep your Kardia electrodes clean using soap and water or
- Bleach solution as recommended by the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/disinfecting-your-home.html
- To clean the device, spray the cleaner on a soft cloth and thoroughly wipe the device.
- Ensure the device is sufficiently dried.
- Do not use disinfecting wipes or alcohol-based products as these products could adversely
affect the product performance.
- Do not immerse the device or expose the device to excessive liquid.
If the issue is not resolved by following these steps, please reach out to our Customer Care team by calling (855) 338 8800 or sending an email to Support@AliveCor.com