After downloading the Kardia app and creating your account, the next thing to do is connect your KardiaMobile and start recording.
If you need assistance or instruction on how to download the Kardia app and set up your account, you can select the following article: How to set up your Kardia account
- After opening the Kardia app, you will be taken to the Home tab.
- To get started, tap on the button beneath the image of the KardiaMobile, labeled "Connect Your Kardia Device".
- Next, select the picture of the KardiaMobile by tapping on it.
- If you have not yet purchased a KardiaMobile, you can tap on the text that states "I need to buy a device".
- After selecting next, you are taken to the EKG recording screen.
- You will be asked to grant Kardia access to your smartphone or tablet's microphone.
- Tap "Grant Access" to complete this step.
- The KardiaMobile transmits an EKG signal directly to the microphone of your smart phone or tablet, so in order for the recording to transmit, this setting has to be turned on.
Now, we will record our first EKG with the KardiaMobile. Follow the easy steps listed below to make sure you get a high quality recording.
- Place your smartphone or tablet on the table in front of you.
- Place your KardiaMobile on the table directly underneath your smartphone or tablet, making sure that the "A" logo is facing up.
- When recording, your phone can either be placed Vertically or Horizontally, this will not affect the quality of the recording.
- Take a seat in chair, and be in a seated, relaxed position.
- Relax the arms and hands to reduce muscle noise.
- Place your index and middle finger of your right hand on the right electrode, then do the same with your left hand on the left electrode.
- The KardiaMobile illustration on screen will turn green to indicate that a stable connection has been made, then the recording will begin counting down from 30 to 0 seconds.
- The signal strength of your recording will show on the right of the screen, and your real time BPM will show on the left.
- If you are receiving no signal or weak signal when recording, please visit the following article: How to fix KardiaMobile signal issues
- Make sure to keep your fingers lightly pressed on the metal electrodes through the entire duration of the recording. If contact with the electrodes is broken, the recording will start over.
- Once the recording is completed, the Kardia app will instantly analyze the recording, and provide you with an FDA cleared Kardia determination.
Congratulations, you just recorded your first EKG!
It really is that simple.
- For more information on how to download or share your EKG from the Kardia app, visit the following article: How do I view, print, or share my EKG as a PDF?