Below are some things to consider, and try, to help your KardiaMobile 6L get a signal and complete a recording. These troubleshooting step are only for KardiaMobile 6L, NOT KardiaMobile
- Please confirm you are using a smartphone/tablet listed on our Compatibility Chart https://www.alivecor.com/compatibility
- Verify that your phone's bluetooth is turned on
- Go to your phone's Settings, then locate the Kardia app, verify that bluetooth permissions have been enabled in your phone's settings for the Kardia app
- Do not pair the KardiaMobile 6L outside of the Kardia app in your phone's bluetooth settings
- If your 6L was paired outside of the app, go to your phone's bluetooth settings, select forget device, then open the Kardia app and take steps to re-pair the KardiaMobile 6L within the app
- Moisten contact areas with water
Some user's may have difficulty getting a consistent connection, lightly dampening the connection areas with a wet paper towel usually resolves this issue
Don't Press too hard
There is no need to press down hard when taking an EKG, this can increase muscle noise which leads to a messy reading
Avoid other electronics
Make sure you are not near electronics like computers, large TV's, and that your phone isn't plugged into a charger
Moving around while taking a recording can cause interference
Interaction with EKG hardware:
- Keep your Kardia electrodes clean using soap and water or
- Bleach solution as recommended by the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/disinfecting-your-home.html
- To clean the device, spray the cleaner on a soft cloth and thoroughly wipe the device.
- Ensure the device is sufficiently dried.
- Do not use disinfecting wipes or alcohol based products as these products could adversely
affect the product performance.
- Do not immerse the device or expose the device to excessive liquid.
- Make sure that you are on the most recent version of the Kardia app
- Make sure that the battery still has enough charge for the 6L to record. If you have had the 6L device for more than a year, the battery may need to be changed. Information on how to change the battery can be found below:
- Restart your smartphone
- Unpair then repair your KardiaMobile 6L by going to your phone's bluetooth settings, selecting forget device, then opening the Kardia app to re-pair the KardiaMobile 6L within the app
If the issue is not resolved by following these steps, please reach out to our Customer Care team by calling (855) 338 8800 or sending an email to Support@AliveCor.com